Supporting Student Allergies

For all students with a food allergy:

Starting July 1, 2010, Public Act 96-0349 requires we provide a plan of care for each student with a food allergy, including emergency plans, and food accommodations as ordered by your child’s doctor. You will also need to complete and sign our school medication authorization form if an EpiPen, Benadryl, and/or other medication will be required at school. If your child does not need medication, just the Emergency Action Plan is required. All forms must also be filled out by the student’s physician. 

Keep in mind that a new Emergency Action Plan is to be completed for the start of every school year for any accommodations to be in place. They must be completed by a licensed health care provider, and they also require the signature of the parent/guardian of the student. The form provides information that is essential for the school to have on file, and is needed to make food accommodations if necessary for your child. Please bring these forms to school at the beginning of the year along with any needed medication. We will need to share these plans with the cafeteria and staff who care for your student. It would be helpful if you can describe the symptoms your student has developed in the past when exposed to a particular food as it will help us to respond quickly to any allergic reaction that might occur during the school year.

Please contact the school nurse with any questions or concerns, or if your child no longer has a food or milk allergy, so we can get the appropriate documentation and remove the food allergy from the cafeteria list.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.